Current Collective Bargaining Agreement
AS OF NOVEMBER 4, 2008 THE UNION WILL NO LONGER PROVIDE INDIVIDUAL GRIEVANCE REPRESENTATION TO NON-MEMBERS.
Unlike many other unions, UFF has in the past offered grievance representation to all bargaining unit members, whether or not they have chosen to join the union and pay membership dues. To help offset the costs of grievance representation, in the past UFF has required non-members merely to share the costs of taking their grievances to arbitration. However, because our state affiliate has informed UFF that it cannot provide legal support to UFF when it represents non-members, UFF is unable to continue to provide representation to non-members.
Therefore, as of November 4th, unless you are a member of UFF at or before the time of any incident that violates your rights under the BOT-UFF Collective Bargaining Agreement, UFF will not represent youin your grievance. As always, you will have a right to represent yourself or to hire an attorney to represent you. And, just as you cannot obtain an insurance policy after an accident happens, you cannot obtain union representation in a grievance over something that happened before you were a member by joining the union after the incident that violates your contract rights and leads to the grievance occurs.
As has always been the case, non-members are not entitled to the $1 million insurance policy that covers liability for work-related lawsuits or claims against a faculty member. This has always been another important protection offered automatically to UFF members and paid for by their dues.
As before, it is the choice of an individual faculty member or librarian as to whether or not to join UFF. However,because that choice now means the individual is opting out of a right to have the assistance of trained UFF grievance representatives, the union feels it is important for all faculty members and librarians to be notified of our new policy.
- Fall 2011 Bargaining
- Fall 2010 Bargaining
- Collective Bargaining Agreement for 2008-2011, as amended 2010
- Fall 2009 Bargaining
- Key Points in Ratification Bulletin
- Ratification Bulletin
- Assignments Ratification TA
- Totality Ratification TA
- Amendment and Duration Ratification TA
- Salary Ratification TA
- Benefits Ratification TA
- Attachment 5 Ratification TA
- Attachment 6 Ratification TA
- Collective Bargaining Agreement for 2008-2011
- Final Version.
- Tentative Agreement 2008-2011
- View the tentative agreement for 2008-2011
- Bargaining for Fall 2008
- Salary negotiations continue. Discussions of career path for instructors and lecturers is looking favorable.
- Bargaining for Summer 2008
- Salary negotiations continue. Discussions of career path for instructors and lecturers.
- Where Things Stand in 2008
- The state of bargaining negotiations for 2008.
- Where Things Stand in 2006
- The state of bargaining negotiations for 2006.
- Salary Increases
- Bargaining continues for the 2006-2007 academic year.
- Victory for Cleaners and Janitors
- Another success for collective bargaining.
- Summary and Notification of Vote
- Read a summary of the changes in the agreement and come to vote.
- Collective Bargaining Agreement.
View the text of the new agreement.
- Memo Announcing Agreement
- Good things on the way.
- Previous Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Bargaining Report 12-16-05
- Talks Continue
- Bargaining Report 06-20-05
- Granted Stay of Impasse
- Bargaining Report 04-24-05
- Memorandum on Salaries
- Bargaining Report 04-11-05
- Administration declares impasse while new proposals are on the table
- President Gummerson's Response to the Provost
- The Attacks Continue
- Salary Comparisons
- Comparison to other Universities: HTML or Power Point
- University Priorities
- Consumer Price Index
- University Priorities
- Comparison of UFF's and President Maidique's Proposals
Complete Comparison [HTML]
- Overview [DOC]
- Details [DOC]
- Overview [DOC]
- President's Address to BOT
- Newspaper Responses to BOT Address
- Victory on Successor Appeal
- The state appeals court has given us the victory on "successor employer"--meaning that the we should never have lost our recognition, that status quo under the agreement should have remained in force.
- President's Response to the Provost
- Academic Freedon
- Union Busting Policies
- Bargaining Report 02-28-05
- New Messenger, Same Old Message
- Bargaining Report 02-17-05
- Victory on "Successor" Appeal
- Bargaining Report 02-14-05
- Administration Sticks to Hard-line
- Bargaining Report 01-23-05
- Tentative agreement on Tenure
- Bargaining Report 01-19-05
- Progress is Being Made
- Bargaining Report 12-15-04
- BOT is still dragging their feet
- UFF-FIU Salary Proposal
- Our team is attempting to move forward. Read our salary proposal to the BOT
- Comments to BOT 11-22-04
- Alan's Comments at the BOT meeting on November 22
- Bargaining Report 11-14-04
- Wait 'til you read this one
- BOT's contract proposal
- The gutted contract proposal from the BOT
- BOT's suggested policies
- BOT wants to move negotiated rights to maleable policies
- Bargaining Report 11-01-04
- Bargaining Report 09-24-04
- BoT is not bargaining in good faith
- Time to act
- Bargaining Report 09-06-04
- Faculty voice is heard
- Grievance Procedure under attack by BoT
- Bargaining Report 07-30-04
- Tenure under attack by BoT
- Bargaining Report 06-11-04
- BoT’s team is taking a hard-line
- Bargaining Report 05-23-04
- Radical new language proposed by BoT
Membership forms are available to download at
Previous Collective Bargaining Reports are archived at